Delicious with wild rice or toasted pita for soaking up the sweet and spicy juices, cauliflower or pan-fried cabbage makes an excellent vegetable accompaniment as does a simple arugula salad.
1 lb. fish fillets (choose from list above or as you wish)
1 T. sweet or hot or smoked paprika
1/2 - 3/4 cup of DP Chutney Collective Middle Eastern Zucchini Relish
1/4 cup oil ( olive or vegetable)
grated peel and juice of 1 lime
- Cut fillets into strips or cubes and sprinkle with paprika and salt.
- Heat a large skillet for 1 minute over high heat then add oil. Allow another minute for oil to become very hot, just under smoking point.
- Add fish and sear quickly on all sides; a "blackened fish" is fine bit take care to not burn.
- Add Middle Eastern Zucchini Relish and lime juice and reduce heat. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes depending on your preference for doneness.
- Plate fish and sprinkle with grated lime peel. The fish should have a nice glaze from the relish and arrange the "solids" from the relish on plate as a garnish/condiment. Serve hot.