Seasonal flavors come and go by their very nature and definition, and The DP Chutney Collective's Punjabi Corn Relish is no exception. Stewed with New York State fresh corn kernels, peppers, onions and a Raj-worthy array of East Indian spices, our corny condiment is being quickly cleared from The Collective shelves.
If you haven't tasted a jar yet, not to worry as we'll be cooking more (again, in limited batches) next Summer. We've heard a few jars might still be scorable at Williamsburg's Radish. If you do grab one - or have some left in the fridge - try the easier-than-belief quick fix meal below.
TORTELLINI SALAD WITH BLACK BEANS AND PUNJABI CORN RELISH
- Cook 1 package of tortellini (frozen or dried, cheese or meat) according to package directions for al dente doneness, drain and set aside.
- Drain and rinse 1 can of black beans and add to the pasta in a large bowl. Drizzle with 2 T. of olive oil. Toss lightly.
- Add 2-3 T. of The DP Chutney Collective's Punjabi Corn Relish and mix well. Remember, a little goes a long way.
- Throw in 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro, mix again, season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve at room temperature or cold atop a lightly dressed salad of watercress or arugula leaves.